Home Phone terms, fees & guarantees
All TransACT services are bound by our Customer Relationship Agreement.
This page offers a quick summary of the terms, fees and guarantees that come with
your Home Phone service. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on 13 30 61.
- Timed national and international calls are charged per second.
- Calls to mobile are charged per block of time - refer to individual plan call rates for details.
- TransACT do not provide or add additional charges for premium call services.
Any premium service charges that appear on your bill are passed on from your third-party provider.
New line installation
For new homes; homes with no history of phone activity, or for pre-existing homes that need additional lines.
For premises that already have a physical phone line with dial tone - excludes brand new houses and apartments. This normally takes 2-4 working days.
Telephone line connection with technician visit
For premises with a socket and line, but no dial tone. Normally takes 5-7 working days. Cost may vary depending on whether a physical connection is also required.
If any non-standard work is required, there may be additional setup charges - you will be advised by the technician if this is the case. This includes cabling past the first socket or network boundary point, trenching or more difficult installations.
Premium service charges
TransACT does not provide premium services or add additional charges for use. Premium service charges that appear on your bill are passed on from the third-party provider.
Charges are calculated in a number of ways:
- Flat rate - where you are charged a fixed amount for each call
- Timed rate - where charges are increased based on time spent connected
- Calls from mobile phones - remember that additional mobile fees may apply
- By data volume - where you are charged according to data sent and received
You are responsible for the cost of all calls made from your phone, except in situations where:
- charges result from a fault or billing error
- there was insufficient or no warning that premium charges would apply
- the service did not comply with applicable industry code
- charges arose due to fraud (eg. if your phone was unlawfully used)
You retain the right to dispute premium call charges. In some cases, your liability to pay may only apply after an investigation by the relevant providers and/or the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.
Contact us any time to discuss your concerns about premium services. If we are unable to resolve your complaint with you, we will pass you onto the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO).
Freecall: 1800 062 058
Freefax: 1800 630 614
TTY: 1800 675 692
Translator and Interpreter Service: 13 14 50
For complaints about the message or advertising content on a premium service, contact the Telephone Information Services Standard Council (TISSC).
Phone: 1300 139 955
Fax: (02) 9211 4447
You can also contact the Australian Communication Authority (ACA) directly for information on telecommunications issues. The ACA is a Commonwealth Government agency responsible for regulating the telecommunications industry.
Phone (in Melbourne): (03) 9963 6988
Phone (outside Melbourne): 1300 850 115
Fax: (03) 9963 6989